Statement of Mission and Vision
MetroHealth is an Academic Health Care System committed to Our Communities by Saving
Lives, Restoring Health, Promoting Wellness, and providing Outstanding, Life-long
Care Accessible to All.
Our vision for the future is compelling - who we want to be in 5 years
- National leader in reducing health disparities through research and provision of
comprehensive care to underserved communities and vulnerable individuals
- Nationally recognized leader in trauma care and recovery, and high-risk perinatal
- Committed to signature programs of clinical excellence that fuel our growth and
- Innovator in providing health care and wellness promotion to the communitiesí elderly
- Provider of choice for those seeking value in high quality, compassionate care
- Employer of choice providing market-competitive compensation and pride of mission
- Leader in collaborating with political and health care systems to ensure access
to health care for those without adequate financial means
- Operationally excellent to assure the financial performance necessary to secure
Guiding Principles (which embody our values)
- We respect the dignity of those in our care, serving them with compassion and high
quality, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Excellence in teaching and research is fundamental to our ability to deliver outstanding
- We practice evidence-based medicine, and assess our performance based on patient
outcomes, safety and quality.
- Employees and their passion are our greatest strength.
- We function as a partnership of faculty, staff and management.